To understand artificial intelligence, we should look at the meaning of natural intelligence. What distinguishes humans from animals is the far greater level of intelligence that we possess.
Intelligence is what makes a living thing capable of understanding and interacting with its environment.
What’s human intelligence?
Breaking it down, it refers to certain abilities they include; The ability to listen and understand what someone says, The ability to see and process what we see, The ability to communicate, The ability to feel and most advancedly, the ability to learn. etc
With the rise in A.I, computers are now been made to have one or more of the above abilities.
- The ability to listen can is observed in speech recognition systems
- The ability to see and process sight is observed in A.I cameras. Today we have cameras that can identify who or what it is capturing.
- The ability to communicate can be seen in Google Assistant, Microsoft Cortana, iPhone’s Siri, Samsung’s Bixby, Amazon’s Alexa. They were created to actually communicate with humans
- The ability to learn have been implemented in machine learning.
Artificial intelligence, coupled with mechanics, has given rise to humanoids or robots who can do perfectly, tasks that a normal human do. Some have been designed to look perfectly like humans.
The economic importance of this new technology, Artificial Intelligence
- Redefining the Nature of labour : Most jobs that are taken up by humans are now being taken up by robots, leading in retrenchment of workers. However, since the invention of the plow never eliminated the need for farm workers, nor did the invention of the computer eliminate the need for mathematicians, even more jobs would be created, with a call to individuals who possess the skills needed to train, explain and sustain A.I agents.
- Tremendous enhancements in the accuracy of predictions : Computers will be made to understand humans more and give personalized output, based on what it learnt from you. This leads to a plug of benefits in various sectors of the economy such as medicine, e-commerce, media etc. Furthermore, robots are now able to learn on their own. After they are trained to an extent, they learn the rest by themselves.
An introduction to chatbots
A chatbot is a software that interacts with you through chat, just like humans. In other words, A chatbot is a computer program that imitates human conversation – spoken, written, or both.
Here is an infograph containing a history of chatbots
Chatbots for messenger is of a recent development. Subscribe or upgrade this channel to join my tutorial class. Shalom!