This is the best Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe! This chocolate chip banana bread comes together easily and is such a popular recipe in my house! It is moist, delicious, and only takes about 10 minutes to prepare.
Tips and Tricks for this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Measure your flour properly. This is key in all baking recipes. Make sure that you scoop the flour into the measuring cup and then level it off. If you scoop right from the flour container you will get too much and you will have a chocolate chip banana bread recipe fail.
- Make sure that your melted butter has cooled. If you don’t do that, you run the risk of your eggs starting to cook when they get mixed with the hot butter. No one wants that.
- Use baking soda that is still good. Baking soda needs to be switched out every six months or so. Test it by adding a little to some vinegar. It should bubble immediately, if not replace it.
- If you want the top to have a really appealing look, throw a couple extra chocolate chips on before putting it in the oven.
- Test the bread with a toothpick towards the end. Do not insert it directly in the middle of the bread, but slightly off to the side. You want the toothpick to come out clean. If you wait until the top comes out clean, you will risk the edges of the bread being dry. I would rather have a little bit of a gooey top (yummy) than dry sides (yucky). My oven requires 55 minutes for perfect bread.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 very ripe bananas mashed well (see note)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 TBSPS unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs at room temperature and lightly whisked
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt room temperature (sour cream also works)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan well with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the bananas, cooled butter, eggs, yogurt, sugar, and vanilla.
- Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Be careful not to over mix
- Stir in the chocolate chips until just combined.
- Pour the bread batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted slightly off center in the bread comes out with just a few crumbs.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then remove and allow to cool on a cooling rack for 35 minutes before slicing and enjoying.
While you can ripen your bananas in the oven to make them more brown, please note that bananas get sweeter as they ripen. So fake ripening in the oven will make for a less sweet bread.
Calories: 384kcal (19%) Carbohydrates: 57g (19%) Protein: 6g (12%) Fat: 15g (23%) Saturated Fat: 9g (56%) Monounsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 56mg (19%) Sodium: 229mg (10%) Potassium: 162mg (5%) Fiber: 3g (13%) Sugar: 32g (36%) Vitamin A: 300IU (6%) Vitamin C: 5mg (6%) Calcium: 20mg (2%) Iron: 2mg (11%)
Pinterest Channel Reference: https://pin.it/4rlnIpE