Eat well, consume more calories than you burn, sleep well and exercise.
However, it is important to state here that unless the body is getting the good fats in the right amount, it may stop producing hormones as you start gaining weight.
Therefore, to maintain the correct hormonal level while gaining some weight, you need to ensure that you follow a natural and healthy diet. That means bye bye junk food.
So, if you are one of those who, despite eating as much as you can, still find it seemingly impossible to gain weight, then these recommendations can be very helpful to you if you do them as stated below.
How to gain weight naturally?
1. The first and most important factor that is needed to gain weight is eating. Not just eating but eating right!
Take out the junk and include more portions of healthy foods to your diet. Add avocado in your salad and the result will be 332 more calories. Also, spreading more butter or peanut butter on your bread is extremely helpful in spiking up your calorie intake.
You should note that, in order to gain weight, you will need to eat at least 150 calories more than you burn every day!
To gain just one pound, you would need to eat about 3,500 extra calories more than you burn.
2. Increase the amount of protein in your meals. Proteins help to build muscle, and that makes the body toned and strong while gaining weight.
Some of the commonest proteinous meals you can find are Eggs, milk, cheese, yogurt, peanut butter, nuts, seeds, and meat.
3. Whenever you’re not engaged or just bored, endeavour to catch some z’s. Sleeping helps repair and build the muscles as you rest. Additionally, be certain you get at least eight to nine hours of sleep each night! That means no midnight calls and no Facebook!
4. While water-filled vegetables such as celery and cucumber may be healthy, eating too much of them can make you lose rather than gain weight. So instead, eat starchy vegetables that contain a lot of calories per bite such as corn, carrots, and potatoes. You can even cook them up into a lovely meaty vegetable dish.
Having fruit juices and shakes are delicious ways to gain some bulk. A single serving of a smoothie can contain as much as 1000 calories.
You can make your own health drinks as they are easy to prepare. Your body will be nourished with adequate, much needed nutrients for weight gain.
Another excellent way of gaining weight is custard or yoghurt with fruits.
5. Exercise!!! I know this might sound counterproductive but the extra calories that you consume must be digested too else, you risk ending up storing fat in your body.
As compared to cardio, resistance training or lifting weights are better suited for weight gain as they help to convert fat into muscles. Lifting weights help your body gain muscular weight, which is the best kind of weight to gain.
Start off slowly if you aren’t used to doing this kind of training.
Increase weight and decrease reps as you go along.
In conclusion, if you can adhere to the above diligently, you will gain some sweet muscular weight in no time 😎