President Tinubu Appoints Kayode Egbetokun as Acting IGP
President Bola Tinubu has appointed Kayode Egbetokun, the Deputy Inspector-General of Police, as the Acting Inspector General of Police. He replaces Usman Baba, who had been appointed by former President Muhammadu Buhari in 2021.
So, who is Egbetokun? Here are the facts:
– Born on September 4th, 1964, in the Egbado South Local Government Area of Ogun State.
– He started his police career on March 3, 1990, as a Cadet ASP (Course 16).
– He has degrees ranging from Bsc (ED) (Hons) Mathematics to a PhD in Peace and Security Studies.
– Egbetokun has attended various courses and conferences, including the Close Protection Course in the United Kingdom and the Global Conference on Chemical Security and Emerging Threats in Lyon, France.
– His previous roles include Chief Security Officer to Governor of Lagos State from 1999-2005, Commissioner of Police Explosive Ordinance Disposal (EOD) FHQ and DIG Force Criminal Investigations Department, FHQ, Abuja.
– Egbetokun is happily married with children and enjoys reading, playing table tennis, and recreational football. He also supports Chelsea in the Premier League and the European Champions League.
Therefore, Kayode Egbetokun’s background speaks of expertise and experience that he will bring to the role of Acting IGP. Nigerians are eagerly looking forward to seeing the positive contributions he will make.