Ghanaian dancehall sensation, Stonebwoy, has come out to criticise Davido’s recent comments about Grammy award-winning Burna Boy. The Nigerian Afrobeats superstar had referred to Burna Boy as a “new cat” in the music industry while naming other artists who have taken Afrobeats to an international audience.
In an interview with GoldMyne TV, Stonebwoy disagreed with Davido’s statements, emphasising that Burna Boy is a music legend and not a newcomer, as implied by Davido’s comments. Stonebwoy stated: “If Davido said that, I honestly do not believe that he means that outrightly. New cats would be Rema, Ruger them. So, I don’t believe Davido meant that, but also, if you ask me, I think Wizkid and Davido had a fair share of international appeal earlier than Burna.”
- Stonebwoy’s criticism of Davido’s comments came during a recent interview with GoldMyne TV.
- Davido had referred to Burna Boy as a “new cat” during a recent interview and named other artists who have taken Afrobeats to an international audience.
- Stonebwoy disagreed with Davido’s assessment of Burna Boy’s standing in the music industry.
- Stonebwoy suggested that Davido’s comments referred more to new artists like Rema and Ruger, implying that Burna Boy is an established superstar.
- The interview has sparked a debate among music fans across the African continent who are weighing in on the comments made by both artists.