What is Personal Development?
Personal development simply means:
- Developing oneself
- Making a better version of you
- Bringing out the best in you and subduing the beast in you
- Believing in yourself
- Stepping on your weaknesses so as to attain greatness.
Personal development starts when one begins to provide answers to personal questions, which includes;
- Do you think you are developing yourself?
- What aspect(s) of your life need personal development?
- Which aspect(s) of your life have developed personally?
The moment you are able to provide answers to these rhetorical questions, then you will be able to find out whether or not you are developing yourself.
Personal development is not a one-off action, but a lifetime process. This means personal development is not something you develop and you relax like you have arrived, ‘NO’, it is something you need to keep on working on, it is a process, it is continuous. You don’t relax once it comes to personal development, you have to keep working on yourself. You have to keep on improving on yourself. You have to discipline yourself if you must develop yourself.
Aspects of life one can develop on
- Mindset e.tc
Self development requires self-growth, understanding yourself, building yourself and taking responsibilities.
Remember ‘whatever you do, as far as personal development is involved, timing and discipline matters a lot’, they are the major rules you have to obey if you must develop yourself.